Crash Reporting and Analysis for Safer Highways system (CRASH) is a free, secure Internet application for law enforcement agencies to process Texas Peace Officer's Crash Reports (CR-3) electronically. It is a component of the Crash Records Information System (CRIS).
The CRASH system includes the following features:
- Ability to enter crash data over any Internet connection
- Process supplement reports easily
- Integrated diagramming tool
- Auto population of fields
- Touch-screen capability for Toughbooks
- Use of intersection templates
- Embedded help
Easy Street Draw Training Videos
These videos are designed to assist law enforcement agencies in the use of the Easy Street Draw diagramming tool, which is integrated into the Crash Reporting and
Analysis for Safer Highways (CRASH) component of the Crash Records Information
|Easy Street Draw Training Video Active X
|Easy Street Draw Training Video Web
CRASH training will be scheduled as part of the set-up process for each agency.
If your agency has already received training, but would like to receive additional training, please email the CRIS Help Desk or call (844) CRIS-HLP (844-274-7457).
The time between the initial contact with TxDOT and the beginning of CRASH training is approximately one to three months. The activity that typically extends the timeframe is securing training dates.
The steps for an agency's enrollment are as follows:
- Agency contacts TxDOT regarding CRASH.
- Agencies must complete and return a technical survey to become an active internal identity provider (IdP). The IDP allows agencies to remotely access a TxDOT server dedicated to their specific agency after proper authentication. This eliminates the agency’s need to provide server space and/or full time IT support.
- Once the survey has completed the TxDOT internal review, the agency will be contacted to schedule training.
- CRASH/Configure agency training is completed and the agency will be able to start utilizing CRASH immediately.
- Configure Training – refers to the initial setup of the agency. This usually involves IT and administrative management for the agency.
- CRASH Training – refers to the training of all anticipated users to familiarize them with the functions of the CRASH system as well as how to utilize the system with hands-on completion of practical exercises.
TxDOT Traffic Operations Division
CRIS Help Desk
Phone: (844) CRIS-HLP (844-274-7457)