Click on the images below for an expanded view:
Progreso International Bridge
This crossing includes two separate bridges. One has four passenger-vehicle lanes, with two lanes in each direction. The other two-lane bridge is for commercial trucks.
The crossing is also known locally as B&P Bridge, Puente Las Flores and Puente Internacional Nuevo Progreso-Progreso.
The original bridge was constructed in 1951. The replacement bridges were built in phases as the old one was simultaneously demolished. The replacement bridges became operational in August 2003.
The Progreso International Bridge is privately owned by the B&P Bridge Company. It receives a mix of commercial vehicles, passenger vehicles and pedestrians. The Mexican side of the border is a commercial area and tourist attraction. Identified needs include flashing yellow and red beacons for vehicles exiting the port of entry (especially commercial trucks).
At the end of the study, improvements will be recommended based upon identified needs of the border crossings. If you would like to comment on the study, please email us.