The Environmental Affairs Division (ENV) manages its contracts for scientific services by issuing requests for proposals (RFPs) to solicit proposals from service providers. ENV issues contracts pursuant to the Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 223, Subchapter D, and 43 TAC 9.80-9.88.
- Environmental General Archeological Services 57-5RFPSA001. ENV is soliciting proposals for up to four (4) indefinite deliverable, scientific services contracts for performing general archeological services to fulfill the State’s obligations under the National Historic Preservation Act, as amended (16 U.S.C. §470 et seq.) and the Antiquities Code of Texas (Title 9, Chapter 191, Texas Natural Resource Code). These contracts will be issued pursuant to the Texas Transportation Code, Chapter 223, Subchapter D, and 43 TAC 9.80-9.88. Services to be provided include Archeological Background Studies, Archeological Excavation and Reporting Services, including: Antiquities Permit Procurement, Test Excavation Fieldwork, Data Recovery Fieldwork, Analytical Unit Definition, Revised Research Design, Draft Report, Digital Records Preparation, Final Report, Curation Preparation and Other Support Services, including Public Outreach Report.
Download the specifications and other required documents on the state Comptroller's Electronic State Business Daily website.
Prospective proposers who have obtained this RFP from TxDOT’s website must notify TxDOT of their interest in the RFP if they wish to receive information regarding clarifications or amendments to the RFP package. Proposers who have not notified TxDOT of their interest in the RFP waive all claims to redress if they submit proposals that receive reduced scores because the proposals do not incorporate or respond to clarifications or amendments to the RFP package. Prospective proposers who have downloaded this RFP may notify TxDOT of their interest by email or mail it to the following via United States Postal Service (USPS) mail or commercial delivery to:
Texas Department of Transportation
Attn: Dr. Scott Pletka – ENV
118 East Riverside Drive
Austin, TX 78704
The notification must contain the RFP number, proposer’s name, point of contact, mailing address, voice and fax telephone numbers and email address. All questions or clarifications must be submitted in writing.
- Biological General Services. ENV plans to request proposals for up to five (5) indefinite delivery contracts to perform biological services, including karst related services required for transportation activities under federal and state statutes. The contracts may be awarded to perform the following services statewide:
- Surveys for protected species and/or habitat of protected species
- Analysis of stream modifications and associated habitats
- Biological analysis to support the ESA, section 7 consultation with the United States Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS), preparation of an ESA Biological Assessment (BA) or Biological Evaluation (BE), or ESA section 10.a permit
- Biological analysis to support impacts characterization, including habitat and species surveys, to migratory birds
- Biological analysis to support Essential Fish Habitat (EFH) consultations and preparation of EFH Assessment
- Coordination with state and federal resource agencies
- Data mining from federal, state, or local entities, universities and/or other resources as necessary to complete the species/habitat assessment
- Preparation of Biology related sections for environmental documents, including the National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA)
- Habitat assessments, analysis, and presence/absence surveys for protected karst species
- Geologic Assessments and Solution Feature Plans for karst studies
- Groundwater and other technical analyses that may support karst invertebrate impacts analysis
- Geophysical analysis of known or suspected karst features
- Other biological support services
TxDOT plans to post the RFPs and notices of request for letters of interest sometime in March 2015.