TxDOT aggressively recruits qualified students and potential employees. Our recruitment programs will help you gain valuable work experience.
- College Co-op Education - Students are employed by TxDOT in positions related to their major field of study. Academic credit for work experience is awarded based on institution Co-op policy.
- College Intern - Introduces college and graduate students to career opportunities in transportation-related fields. Academic credit for work experience awarded based on institution intern policy.
- Conditional Grant Program - Qualified students who attend a four-year Texas public college and major in a department-approved field can receive up to $6,000 a year.
- High School Cooperative Education - High school students can attend class for a half day and work a half day. The program is geared toward office work and various career opportunities.
- Summer Employment - Summer positions are available from May 1 - August 15. Students may apply as early as February.
- Temporary Recruitment - We hire qualified individuals on a temporary basis for non-supervisory positions and encourage them to compete for regular full-time positions.
For more information, contact your nearest Human Resources Employment Office, or discuss with your school career counselor.