Public Hearing - FM 800 (Bass Boulevard)
||Stuart Place Elementary
6701 W. Business 83
Harlingen, TX 78552
||Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Open House: 5:30 p.m. - 6 p.m.
Presentation: 6 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
||A public hearing to discuss the proposed improvements to 3.7 miles of Farm-to-Market (FM) 800 (Bass Boulevard) from BUS 83 to FM 3067 in Cameron County.
The proposed improvements include:
- From Trimpe Lane to FM 3067, improvements would consist of reconstructing and widening two 12 foot-wide travel lanes and two 8 foot-wide shoulders, which would match the existing section from BUS 83 to Trimpe Lane.
- Replacement of the existing low water crossing at the Arroyo Colorado with a high water crossing with two 12 foot-wide travel lanes, two 12 foot-wide shoulders and a 4 foot-wide median.
- Realignment of the roadway south of the existing bridge which would eliminate the “S” curve.
- Drainage improvements from BUS 83 to FM 3067 would involve a new storm sewer system of pipes and inlets and a new outfall which would discharge into the Arroyo Colorado.
- Cameron County will purchase 2.8 acres of additional ROW from USFWS on the southeast side of the bridge in order to eliminate the curve. No residential or commercial properties will be relocated.
TxDOT Pharr District
Phone: (956) 702-6137