El Paso, Texas
Click on the images below for an expanded view:
This crossing consists of two separate bridges. One has four lanes only for commercial vehicles. The other bridge has four lanes for passenger vehicles and two walkways for pedestrians. The walkways join an elevated pedestrian bridge that connects to the second floor of the INS Administration Building.
The crossing is also known locally as Zaragoza Bridge, Puente Zaragoza and Puente Yslete-Zaragoza.
The original crossing was constructed in 1938 as part of the U.S.-Mexico River Rectification Project. It was rebuilt in 1955 and rebuilt again in 1990.
More information is available from the City of El Paso.
Commercial-truck traffic flow shifts to this crossing every evening from the Bridge of the Americas since that crossing closes earlier. Identified needs include the separation of commercial trucks and passenger vehicles, especially as congestion increases during peak hours.
At the end of the study, improvements will be recommended based upon identified needs of the border crossings. If you would like to comment on the study, please email us.