The study includes two broad options:
- Upgrade existing US 59 through Marshall to an interstate highway (I-369), or
- Construct I-369/US 59 at a new location and convert the existing US 59 through Marshall to Business 59.
TxDOT completed the study in December 2014.
Background on the Working Group
The I-69 System (I-369) Harrison County/Marshall Working Group was created to provide input and recommendations on the route study. The group, which met starting in February 2014, identified:
- Goals for establishing I-369 in the Marshall area related to traffic safety, connectivity and community impacts
- Potential interstate route options
- A preliminary, recommended interstate route option to study as part of the environmental process
The working group met regularly to gather feedback from local citizens to learn about concerns and issues that may need to be addressed.
- Public Outreach Report
- Fact sheet No. 1: I-69 route study and working group
- Frequently asked questions
- Narrated presentation
- Fact sheet No. 2: Interstate route options development, evaluation and recommendation
- The working group made recommendations for further study as part of the environmental process.
- After completion of the environmental process, funding will be identified and the design of the roadway will begin.
- Construction would most likely be phased depending on funding.
For more information, contact TxDOT by email or call (903) 799-1308.