||Del Valle Middle School
5500 Ross Road
Del Valle, TX
||Thursday, July 14, 2011
6 p.m. - Open House
6:30 p.m. - Presentation
A public hearing to discuss plans to improve Farm-to-Market Road (FM) 973 from Harold Green Drive to 0.5 miles south of State Highway 71 in Travis County.
Note: The hearing will consist of an Open House, presentations and a public comment period.
Proposed improvements include the following:
- Upgrading FM 973 from a two-lane undivided roadway to a divided 6 lane facility
- Construction of a raised median
- Overall proposed pavement width of FM 973 for the northbound and southbound lanes would be 56 feet each
- Three 12-foot travel lanes, 10-foot shoulders, and 6-foot sidewalks
- Proposed usual right-of-way width would be 200 feet
- The existing bridge over the Colorado River would be replaced with two new prestressed concrete beam structures. Both bridges would consist of five spans and would be 532 feet long and 68 feet wide. Each bridge would accommodate three 12-foot travel lanes, 11.5-foot shoulders, and 6-foot sidewalks.
- Approximately 70 acres of additional right-of-way would be required.
TxDOT Austin District
Phone: (512) 832-7000