Public Hearing - FM 740 (Rockwall County)
Rockwall-Heath High School
801 Laurence Drive
Heath, TX 75032
||Thursday, July 12, 2012
6 p.m. - Open House
7 p.m. - Public Hearing
A public hearing to present the anticipated social, economic, and environmental effects of the proposed improvements to Farm-to-Market Road (FM) 740/Laurence Road in Rockwall County.
The proposed project limits extend along FM 740 for approximately 1.86 miles from FM 1140/Heathland Crossing south to FM 1140/Hubbard Drive.
||Proposed improvements include the following:
- Widen the existing two-lane road to a four-lane, curb-and-gutter roadway
- Construction of two 11-foot traffic lanes, two 14-foot traffic/bike lanes and sidewalks.
- Approximately 7.5 acres of additional right-of-way, consisting of 64 parcels, would be needed to accommodate the proposed improvements. The existing right-of-way of FM 740 within the project area is typically 80 feet in width.
- No residential or commercial property displacements or relocations would be required.
- The proposed project would not adversely affect wetlands or the 100-year floodplain.
TxDOT Dallas District
Mike Renfrow, P.E.
Phone: (214) 320-4472