The scope of this study is 6.5 miles of Farm-to-Market (FM) 646 from Interstate Highway (IH) 45 to Bayshore Boulevard in Dickinson.
The current roadway is undivided two lanes.
- Widening FM 646 to a four-lane divided roadway.
- Construction of a raised center median from IH 45 to SH 146
- Construction of a center turn lane from SH 146 to Bayshore Blvd.
- The proposed improvements would require approximately 25.6 acres of new right-of-way (ROW) from IH 45 to SH 146. Currently the ROW varies from 100 "“ 120 ft and the proposed ROW required is an additional 32 - 52 ft., depending on the location.
- Approximately 0.42 acres of jurisdictional waters of the U.S., including wetlands, may be impacted by the proposed project, and a USACE Nationwide Permit 14 is anticipated.
This study is a partnership between TxDOT and the Federal Highway Administration.
- Public Hearing - 07/13/10
- Public Meeting - 09/07/06
Texas Department of Transportation
Mr. Lance Olenius
PO Box 1386
Houston, TX 77251-1386
Phone: (713) 802-5271